Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Yikes


Ok, it's been almost two years since I've posted. I've thought about it many times, but have been too busy to post. Mea culpae!

I have posted lots of stuff online to my lomography lab, http://www.lomography.com/lab/, search for ackcoatue...

The lomography society is a community of artists who use cheap cameras, usually plastic film cameras. If you've ever seen me with a yellow square that makes a crazy kind of ticking noise, then you've seen one of my my cheap plastic cameras.

They create images like the one below. And the draw, at least for me, is that you can take them anywhere and you get a lots of interesting results. When you shoot digital and you have an endless amount of control in post-production, the appeal of something that exists on film just the way you shot it is kind of great.

Is that it you wonder? Nope, not even close... More to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home